Years of wear and tear, cracks, sudden trauma or even tooth decay can damage your teeth so that further protection is needed. Adding a crown is often the best way to restore or even save a damaged tooth.
What is a Crown?
A crown is an artificial tooth made from strong tooth-coloured materials like ceramics. The colour is customised to match the colour of your natural teeth.
What is a Bridge?
If a tooth is lost then a bridge may be the recommended treatment. A bridge is an artificial tooth attached to crowns and anchored to the surrounding teeth.
The top 5 reasons why you may need crowns or bridges.
- To prevent a weakened tooth from splitting or fracturing.
- To protect a brittle tooth following root canal treatment.
- To maintain your natural chewing ability
- To help prevent damage to other teeth.
- To help prevent other teeth from moving out of place.
For your convenience, Primary Dental offer extended appointment hours during the week as well as on Saturday.